BTW, I downloaded the Type Tool 3 manual, and it's a fascinating read. The introduction takes you through a bit of history of typefaces, and then gives the description that I first came here looking for about mapping keys to glyphs. Notice how I just dropped that in? So now I walk like a duck......Almost a pro already. Come back in about 10 years or so!

Thank you Gary for drawing my attention to the program. I'm enjoying the manual without even using the program yet. Very informative.

I can see how it's all going to pan out now. It's an area of programming I know nothing about, so I will do battle with it, and have partial success and be very pleased with myself. But at least I'll know a bit more about how it's done than I did before. And I'm one of those guys who likes to go to bed knowing something I didn't know the day before. I will eventually master the interface, and the workflow in general. The thing that will stop me, ultimately, is my complete lack of graphics talent. That's why someone else is going to do the graphics creation. But the weird thing is, I really can't wait to eventually see this font in action, even though I don't see a bright future for it. I've known about it for ages, and what it's intended for. Like I said before, can't say much, but think 'famous Spanish novel' and 'Windmills'.

Shame I can't create a font by playing a guitar at it, then I'd be in with a chance.

Thanks again. May be a while before I'm back, unless there's an emergency question. I'll think of you as a 'big brother' since you're 10 months older than me! And until this morning my hair was about 6" longer than yours in the pic. Oh for the 60s again...