What I found when we were developing our three iPad apps is Apple is very hostile to Windows users.

Even though I created the apps in Windows, we could only submit the app to the iTunes store on a Mac. And the process of submitting the app files was so convoluted that Gene, my stereogram partner who works on a Mac threw up his hands and said, no way. So we had to hire an expert to shepherd our apps through the process.

I was writing a review of Adobe's app creation process for Communication Arts Magazine which is the bible of the professional arts industry, and I asked my media contact at Apple why I could not submit my files via Windows and why the process was so user unfriendly.

Her response after I asked the same question repeatedly and was put off, was they had sold X millions of iPads and have x hundreds of millions of downloads. Translation, go pound sand. Or get a Mac and get real.

What I liked about an app vs an epub was epub was only supported in portrait mode and our images are primarily landscape and the apps let up use both orientations differently. The landscape mode is for the full size stereograms and the portrait mode shows the grayscale reveal image, the title and authors copyright.

So, if Xara made a product for creating mobile apps that were WYSIWYG and in the hundred dollar price range, they could pretty own that field. Especially on Windows. An Android app builder would be killer!