I use the alignment pop-up constantly. It is annoying to make it appear/disappear because its behavior disrupts the normal undo/redo functionality because you have to keep opening and closing it for it to work properly.

I suggest that since much of its functionality is button based, can we have it as its own toolbar rather than as a flyout?

This would make for a much quicker process than constantly opening and closing it. The two functions that I use 90% of the time are either center objects to selection bounds and center objects to page. Then I use align objects horizontally/vertically to selection bounds or to the page.

I'm not saying necessarily to get rid of the alignment dialog, but the fact is that there are 36 different potential alignments. 4 alignments that are determined by selection bounds/page/object or spread. And 9 options as to the position of the objects. This can further be expressed as the 4 boundaries, a horizontal(top/center/bottom) and a vertical(left/center/right). There has to be an easy way of compressing this into a tool bar with a few drop down choices that are constantly available.

Another option is to simply have the existing alignment box fly out from the icon. I just think that this dialog box can be made more efficient and take up less space.