That's terrific to hear, Stygg. Yes, if you extend a line, or a plane, toward what's called its vanishing point, you can deduce where hidden lines are, and making a glass box wouldn't be all that hard.

You could pack fine china in it, and then break all of it at once...

I've met the "purists" lurking out there, and that's why I bothered to write what I felt was a pretty fair argument for tracing when needed. Not that I like to argue. I also don't like "tracing" to be synonymous with "cheating", because it begs the argument that a "shortcut" is necessarily "cheating".

Okay, if you were running Manhattan's 4K marathon and went off course to shave some miles, that sort of shortcut clearly breaks some rules.

But "rules" at best are "Soft Science" when it comes to artwork. Foreshortening, perspective, a lot of mathematical truths can be used to deceive the audience's eye, and it's up to the artist whether they want to be playful, imitate life, or present an optical illusion,. you know?

Bill, I used pan-dimensional cardboard to build the box in that original image. Its corrugation is rotated 90 degrees on its backside, and actually the bottom of the box shows end-grain corrugation.

Re-did it, damn your hide. Can't go teachin' stuff with technically flawed illustrations!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Son-of-Bocks.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	86871

My Second Best,

Gary