Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default More questions about Erasers...

I just read the thread the thread "...plus ask about erasers" but it doesn't answer my question about combining shapes to remove unwanted portions - or at least I didn't quite understand it. Here's my issue. I've created a nice "background" image with ripples and live effects, but it has gaps, and isn'tthe right shape. I need to erase parts of it and clip it to the right shape, but every time I try to do this using the slice tool, it puts the gaps back into the image! Attached is my image and the shape I want to clip it to. I don't want anyone to just "do" this for me, I would really like to learn "how" to do this. Can anyone please help me? Honestly, I have to agree that an eraser tool would come in VERY handy at times! TIA. backgroundShapes.xar

Just a note: I just tried converting the ripple shape to a bitmap copy and then slicing the shape - that doesn't get me the rippled effect I want - just the shape I already have. Then, I tried just creating the water ripples in my shape - but again that leaves gaps and when I try to "slice" them away it does all kinds of weird things to the shape...help please?
    Last edited by Coleen; 04 January 2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."