Total congratulations, actually to both of you. Frances and you are amazing me with your progress. I first downloaded blender about 8 or 10 years ago but never got the hang of it. This time I am trying and I found that the best site to learn from is the one your on. After getting lost on all the other tutorials on different sites, I finally decided to go with this one, and I decided to start with the first tutorial and I am glad that I made this decision. I am doing the yellow sub.....ugly, isn't it........but I believe it is the first so that is where I will start. Over a couple of days I got as far as the propeller but something went wrong with the program, the property menu was only half there and I could not drag to create another window. This was over several days and several reboots, and opening a new blender file was okay, so I gather I must have done something wrong somewhere during the tutorial, probably before the first save, and last night deleted all the work I have done to date. The discouraging news was that it took me a couple of days to get there, a bit here, a bit there.....I bore quickly, don't you know........but the good news is I can get to about the same stage in probably half an hour instead of days. At this stage of the game I probably know about .0005 % of the program but I am learning to crawl, hopefully some day I will be able to walk but we all must forget about me learning to run, that will never happen. Anyway, probably tonight I will start doing the tutorial again while keeping an eye on the property menu so that it doesn't happen again.

I used to open Xara all the time and just used to doddle in it, drawing balloons, etc., just no brainer things to relax and amuse myself, but now xara is on a back burner while I play with blender, probably just the challance of learning something new. At this point it amuses me but I don't know how long that will last, extreamly short attention span.

Anyway, I am happy to see how you and Frances have progressed in such a short period of time. Actually Frances is really amazing, at this stage of the game I have actually no idea how she was able to create her bowl of fruit but hopefully that will change soon once I understand a bit more of the program