Rik, you are reading with the wrong glasses. Remember, Xara created the software so that you can think of it in the same terms as working with vector art. The frames are basically your layers. The animation works when you set something in one position on layer 1 and then change the position on layer 2. The glue that holds this all together is naming the object. in the tutorial that I propose, just forget that it's an animation. On layer 1, I created a named object and use clipview to display only what I wanted to see. On layer 2, I move that same object 500 pixels to the left and then applied clip you. that's it.

Now as far as the frames go, I double-click on frame one and entered in the value of 10 seconds for the time that I want to see that object move the 500 pixels. In frame two, I used to go to command and told it to go back to frame one. That's what created the loop.

Try looking at the piece again and just think of the frame gallery as layers. Thinking of that, do you have your frame gallery open? When I'm working on animations, I always have my frame gallery pinned open. This is the very reason that I don't do tutorials, I miss all the basic steps. Again, if someone would like to collaborate with me and do the tutorials, I would appreciate it greatly. It will save the users going through the tutorial much valuable hair.

Rik, let me know if this helps.