Purchased, downloaded and registered XD7 today. Under Help, first thing I notice, an option labelled Content... Aha, thought I, naive and trusting as usual, maybe it's possible now to get the new content before the CD arrives after all. That would be different. So I mindlessly give it a go. First thing the program did was uninstall what looked like a godawful bunch of old content--clip art, web themes &c., then installed new stuff. Took awhile, it did. Hmm.. By now I'm already suspicious.

So I check the new design gallery, the web themes, and see nothing new save perhaps one theme, called grid or some such. I fire up XD6 to check--and it's bloody gone. Nothing left but a few pitiful fragments. Blown away. Been with Xara since about v.1 I think; first time anything like this ever happened.

Not the end of the world maybe, but an unpleasant surprise. Maybe there was a warning somewhere that I missed? Don't think so... I guess I can re-install 6 easily enough, but it's a pain. Maybe I should fire off something to Xara about this?