Ziggy,
You are so wonderful to spend so much time helping me and I feel like such a blob...
I understand the difference between lpi and dpi now but do not understand how this is affecting what I'm trying to accomplish. I was taking a 'shot' at adjusting the 'dot' lpi in the postscript options of a fill and it didn't work at all for me.
My main problem is I'm trying to print a hard copy of a color separation that requires overprinting the black outline. The t-shirt screenprinter has a very old time shop and does not use computers, only hard copy to burn his screens for actual printing. They are complaing that the resolution is too fine for shaded areas (anything less than 100% black) and could I make larger 'dots' for them. Now I know their 'dots' are not what you were talking about in the halftones. I guess I'll not be able to accomplish the required output for them. This is so frustrating. My mythical Ferrari is NO GOOD for me. What a bummer.

if the 'cells' of lpi is less then why don't I see a difference on the printed output? Or have I lost it again? LOL

Marie