I hope the following information helps those that have encountered problems with using Navbars within Dreamweaver templates

1. I create a folder at c:\intepub\wwwroot\dreamweaver\butterfly the butterfly folder contains 1 sub folders named support My aim is to apply a dreamweaver template to pages which will be stored within the butterfly folder and the sub folder support.

2. I Open Webstyle and select web pages followed by the themeset I wish to use
3. Click on the layout you wish to use and customise it as needed. For the purpose of this example I have selected the butterfly theme and selected Butterfly_page1
4. I select to save the layout. I select Dreamweaver enabled, set the project folder in which the edited layout should be saved and click on the save web page button
5. I set the page to be saved to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dreamweaver\butterfly and name the page template.htm prior to clicking on the save button
6. This causes template.htm to be saved to the location above along with a folder named template_files containing the graphics and js files associated with the web page
7. I close webstyle and open Dreamweaver mx 2004
8. I select to create a new Dreamweaver site

9. I double click on template.htm to cause the page to be loaded and then left click on the navbar and then select split mode causing the html associated with the navbar to be displayed
10. I change

<script Webstyle4>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="template_files/xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="template_files/template_hnavbar.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="template_files/template_hnavbar.gif" moduleid="dreamweaver (Project)\template_hnavbar_off.xws"*/</script>

To read

<script Webstyle4>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="/dreamweaver/butterfly/template_files/xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="/dreamweaver/butterfly/template_files/template_hnavbar.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="template_files/template_hnavbar.gif" moduleid="dreamweaver (Project)\template_hnavbar_off.xws"*/</script>

The / tells the browser to go to the root directory. It will then view the dreamweaver directory followed by the butterfly directory followed by the template_files directory for the appropriate javascript file

11. I then select file followed by save as template and select to update links.
12. I know have a Templates folder containing templates.dwt
13. I edit the dwt file adding editable regions
14. I then click on file and new. I select the templates tab and click on the template saved in step 12. This causes an utitled page to be created.
15. I select file followed by save as and save the page as index.htm to the butterfly folder
16. I repeat steps 14 and 15 and this time save the pages as index.htm to the support folder within the butterfly folder.

This has allowed me to have a page named index.htm created from a dreamweaver template stored within the butterfly folder as well as the support folder.

If I wish to upload the site to my web server, I will need to ensure the site on the web server maintains the same structure. Assume the web site was www.xara.com. I would need to upload the site to xara.com/dreamweaver/butterfly and this will allow the navbar and all other graphics to be displayed correctly.