Hi Folks,

I see where Web Designer 7 has just come out. I checked it out briefly and noticed that is strictly a tool for web development. I have been using Xara for more than a decade and I wonder if they are going to continue the recent pattern and release a new version of the graphics software this summer (June, I think?).

And while I am writing this post, I want to suggest to the Xara folks that they start adding some CMS integration features in their Web Developer and Designer Pro products.

All the websites that I develop these days use an open source content management system (CMS) like WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. I noticed that Xara has not included any features to tie into these CMSs. I want to make the Xara developers aware that this is the future of web development (well, at least for now :-) and they should consider making their products CMS friendly.

If you want to see an example for a great tool to design CMSs, check out Artisteer. http://www.artisteer.com/

I have no use for the Xara Web Developer with its current feature set. If a client wants to see a demo, I can just send them a mock-up using Xara Designer Pro 6 and saving it in a PNG format. I don't have time to create live demos.

If the Xara folks are going to add web design features to an already outstanding vector graphics tool, please include features that I can put to use.

All best,

Steve