Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

xdp6 What adjustments are necessary to match printing to monitor display?

First, I'm really enjoying Xara, which I purchased recently to design a custom card deck. However, after a long process of mixing and matching with the Color Editor to get just the right colors, I discovered that the specific colors and their brilliance aren't showing up when I print the images. The design was created with CMYK, 300 dpi, per the specs of the printing company which will produce the final product.

I've read everything I can that addresses this subject and I somewhat understand the inherent difference that what you see on-screen is not what you get printed. It isn't that the end result is bad; it's just that it's not as impressive (to me) as what I see on my display. I'm hoping that if I can create a beautiful luminous image from my lowly Brother desktop printer, that it's a sure bet the commercial printer will also produce a great image. Is my only recourse to experiment with the colors over and over until they look the way I want them to when printed out? There are several 4-color fills, as well as the fractal plasma background. Experimenting would be quite tedious.

On the attached image, the card on the left is a screen capture of the monitor display; the card on the right is a scan of the printed card. Neither one precisely duplicates what they actually look like (I created the composite image in Photoshop Elements), but it's a close enough depiction. Of course, everyone's screen will render the image differently

I'd be happy to attach the actual .xar file if that will help.

Also, if anyone knows how to somewhat easily transform the flat image of the moon into a sphere shape, please advise. I watched a tut on YouTube on how to create a sphere, but it had so many steps that frankly I got confused and the result was not even close to a sphere.

Thanks in advice for any advice or information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CardColorComparisons.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	243.2 KB 
ID:	80837