Hi,
I installed a new harddrive in my laptop and restore a Norton Ghost image of my old C: drive to the new drive. Virtually everything worked as before other than 1 program that detected a change in hardware and I had to re-activate. PSP X3 wouldn't start, it crashes when loading at "Initializing Palettes" so thought the software detected a new drive and needed a fresh installation. I removed PSP X3 and reinstalled along with the current 4 patches. But PSP X3 still won't start, it crashes at "initializing palettes".

My system is a laptop with 3GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT drive. This drive has 4 GB RAM to speed up transfers from the drive to RAM but otherwise behaves as a regular drive. No other software has an issue with this drive.

PSP X3 has been buggy from day 1 and crashes often. But now it won't even start. Any hints on what's going on or how to fix?

I'm looking for an alternative raster editing program but haven't found any yet. So stuck trying to get PSP X3 working.