Note- I thought I posted this yesterday but now I can't find the thread. If this turns out to be a duplicate my apologies, but i'm interested to know the answer, and the first copy of the question seems to have disappeared!

---------------Original Posting-----------------------------
Having just upgraded from Xreme 3.2 to XPGD 6 I have been amusing myself experimenting with the new features.

Although not perhaps it's original aim, the function has some great comic potential when (over-) used on faces. However when I tried to control to effect using a mask, the mask made no difference.

Xara's documentation specifically says that Content Aware Zoom is one of the functions that responds to a mask, but it's not happening for me. See the test case below, I took 2 identical copies of the famous Einstein picture for "before", then on 2 more copies applied a mask to the right-hand one, then transformed both "after" copies using Content Aware Zoom.

(Note i took a screenshot of the mask and placed it over the top right image to show how the mask is positioned, the mask is actually applied to tbe bottom right image).

As you can see, with similar CAZ settings on the two images the results are the same, the mask has had no effect. So, what am I missing here?, why is the mask not being respected, any ideas?

Regards: colin_e

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	content aware zoom+mask.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	79626