I design and lay out a 20 page newspaper in Xara every month. I use guides to set the printable area boundaries and column guides. Ideally I would like to be able to lock those in place by locking the guide layer, but then have another guide layer for the (unlocked) for adding quick guides for lining up text blocks etc along horizontal lines.

At present I have to go to layers and unlock the guides layer. I know I can add a guide to a locked guide layer but of course always get the warning dialog, and also once placed cannot be adjusted or removed without going to layers and unlocking the guide layer to edit them.

Of course, the base guides for printable area and columns I want to lock, they should never be accidentally movable, as unlocked guides are.

Thus, a simple solution would be the ability to have more than one guide layer, so all important unmovable guides can be locked on one layer and then another guide layer assigned for any further quick guides which can be added, moved or removed quickly.