Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default First Website - Advice and Critique, Please

Hi there,

This is my first site, (created with XX5), and it is very much a work in progress.

I would be grateful for any critique and advice you can give. I have no expertise and my friend (who's site it will be) has no money, so we are a match made in heaven (or hell, depending on your point-of-view).

The aim is to make the site a simple, one page affair, so that prospective customers can quickly grasp the essence of what is relevant, i.e. services being offered, contact details, area covered, etc. I wanted to avoid scrolling, but there is too much information to allow that.

In its current form, the body text font (Verdana) looks a bit ragged to me when viewed in a browser. Is this normal? Any suggestions for a classy, readable font?

I'm sure there are some fundamental design errors, so please feel free to tell me. I just want it to be good for her, and I'm willing to learn.

Thank you in anticipation,
    Frank

P.S. I'm attaching the xara file as I don't know how to attach the index_htm_files here to display the index.htm file properly in a browser. The xara document is a bit of a mess with items strewn about the clipboard area, but if exported to a webpage file it displays fine in a browser.
    Attached Files Attached Files