Don't know if anyone remembers me. About 6 years ago I had a burst of Xara-based creativity. I was turning out witty logos, minimalist pop- and op-art designs and clever graphics at a rate of knots. People were paying me good money to design logos and websites. I even appeared as Featured Artist in the Xone! Well, after about 2 years I guess my creative frenzy burnt itself out. My business gradually evaporated, and I lost the impetus to carry on at the same level.

But I still use XaraXtreme Pro nearly every day. I have exhibited (and even sold) prints of some of my old artwork at a local cafe gallery. So I thought I'd give you an update on Me and My Xara.

I might as well explain that quite a bit of my time these days is dedicated to music. I play Wurlitzer electric piano, organ and Stylophone in an 11-piece ska band called The Skanx, and we play all over London. This January we had just recorded a 5-song CD, and I decided to make an animated video for one of our songs, "The Morning After". All the graphics were created in Xara, exported as Flash sprites and then animated in SwishMax, a Flash editing program.

So if you ever wondered what my graphics would look like animated, look no further!

The Skanx: The Morning After