Yes color proofing for press. That is pre-press work. We all know that everyone has a different monitor and they all display colors differently, put aside the RGB because that is all we see when we design anything.

You know that even the same make computer monitors put side by side will differ in colors.

Then how do we as graphic designers are suppose to work with the right colors? Sure if you do a logo design and it takes only 2 colors you can refer to your pantone swatch booklet but what about doing a multi color job, how about photo retouching?

Final work has to go to press and you might say get a color proof done before going big on prints. But I am referring to the initial design, color assignment.

How many times you designed something that looked great on your computer and then send a link to your client and they told you that the colors are horrible, or my green looks darker can you brighten that green a bit?

With the technology advancing everyday nothing has been done on this issue. So what to do as a designer?

Fill me in on how you deal with this issue?