Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Will not accept my FTP password

I am going spare!

I know that my password is correct as I use it to load up a number of sites using Dreamweaver.

I have tried entering the password by typing it in and also by copy and paste, but each time I get the message 'The password was not allowed'.

I just don't know what to do; as I know that the password is correct and that I have entered it correctly.

Why should my web host (1&1) accept the password when it is uploaded using Dreamweaver and not when I use the FTP subroutine in Xara?

I have tried about 20 times with various combinations but Xara simply wont load up my site!

I set up a test site and tried to load that - same result, I then transferred this to Dreamweaver and it loaded immediately, using exactly the same FTP account and Password.

I have downloaded the latest version of Xara and also tried to load it up using Xara Web Designer, but I still get the same result. I could transfer the site to Dreamweaver just to get it loaded but this seems a lame thing to do!

Should have mentioned that I am using Windows 7 64bit, Home Premium, on a Quad Core Intel with 4Mb memory.

Martin
    Last edited by Riftvalley; 14 March 2010 at 10:08 PM.