Here is my attempt to list all of the Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 bugs and irritations that have been reported to various sites on the web. Some of these bugs are more general in nature, others are likely related to specific operating system/hardware configurations. Some users/testers were so frustrated they uninstalled the trial software or requested a refund from Corel. Others, including at least one or two who have reported running on XP with 2 GB RAM, indicate satisfaction with X3.

The list in random order:

• XIF data is not processed properly; Full Editor does not read or save EIF data;
  • The RAW Lab is slow, lacks fine-tuning controls available in competitor Elements and will not correctly process highlights adjustment;
  • Internal thumbnail coding for native PSPImage format does not work in Windows 7 64 bit;
  • Preview on Image box checked in tools causes PSPX3 to crash on some systems;
  • Project Creator is slow, user unfriendly, does not show files on some systems and produces multi-versions of images in a project when there are a limited number of files in the folder being browsed;
  • Help files have finally undergone a long-overdue update, but some users prefer an onboard help system rather than online, and there’s no PDF version for those who like a printed manual;
  • Tagging of files appears to be dysfunctional;
  • Installation has been extremely slow on some systems;
  • Batch File fails when running a script that contains Picture Tube pasted to new raster layer above the background layer;
  • Keyboard shortcuts lock intermittently, clicking the mouse on any toolbar icon causes shortcuts to work again;
  • Organizer Media Tray (when in Preview mode) is not sticky. Select a file in the middle of a long list on the tray, then go to Full Editor. That file is shown in the editor. Click on Organizer returns you to the Organizer with that image still shown in Preview, but the Media Tray goes back to the very first image in the list;
  • Photo Tray from previous version was changed to “Media Tray,” but they forgot to update the name in the Full Editor;
  • Switching between Organizer and Full Editor is extremely slow on some systems;
  • Application of Resize tool after having a large file in Normal Viewing causes the smaller file to sometimes reappear in the workspace with only the lower right-hand corner in view. Clicking on Fit Image to Window causes the entire image to reappear.

I apologize if I missed getting your problem included the above list.

On my system I'm now running the Full Editor with no problems by making sure the Preview on Image box in various tools remains unchecked. I like it very much, but I look forward to Corel's first patch!

Bob