I remember posting about this on the old forum, back when the import functionality was first changed. That was a long time ago

Basically- I lost my C: drive and, reinstalling everything, thought I'd see what the new Xara Xtreme is like as I'm still using the first version (build 0.0.0.4366 apparently). The *reason* I'm still using the first version is that I need to import photoshop files, and the later versions can't do that properly.

My workflow is simple. I create comics. I create the page in Photoshop, then import it into Xtreme for lettering etc. This means, I simply need to import a PSD file, and it should arrive in Xara as a flat, simple image element. Which the version I use does. But the version after that, it got clever.

I've just downloaded the demo of Xtreme 5 and imported a Photoshop file. My files are big, with many layers. After an age of disk churning, and a curious question of what dpi (why?!), a zillion layers appear. Xtreme has attempted to interpret the file into layers, but it can't. They're broken. The clipping relationships are gone, the layer modes are gone, it's just a big sorry mess. It's useless to me.

There doesn't appear to be an option to change this to the "old" style of just importing the composited, complete file as a simple image. Without that, I can't use these new versions of Xtreme; and I'd like to, to be able to have better text handling and so on. It really can't be that difficult to have an option to use the old method. Unless I'm missing that that can be done, in which case I cannot find this option and I've been all the way through the Options tabbed dialog.

So, again I'm going to install my version 0.0.0.4366 or whatever it is, and wonder why Xara broke what didn't need fixing, and put my credit card away, because it's useless to me to buy something that doesn't work for me.

I like Xara Xtreme and want to give you my money. Please help me to do so.