Hi,

I would like to place a domain name availability search box in my website, can someone help with some suggestions of what (easy to use!) software might be available, free or otherwise, and which would be compatible with Xara? (currently I am using Xtreme 5). I have had a look around the net but have no prior experience in this particular area. I did see one program that looked quite good (at www.mrscripts.co.uk) but I couldn't see how (or if) that would work when integrated with Xara? The owner of those scripts said to me that:

"...the script has to be run on the server which supports PHP (Windows or Linux or Unix). It can be simply embedded into other webpage, but that webpage has to have .php extension so the server knows how to deal with it. Some webservers can also interpret html as php, but this depends how it was configured by server administrators...".

I believe that my (2) web servers use Unix and Linux. However, if I tried to use that script, then I don't know how to create one of my webpages with a .php extension?

Can anyone who knows about such things please let me know, or alternatively, if there are other software around that might be more suitable. Ideally, I would also like to offer registration of at least the commonly used domain names, such as com, org, net, biz etc, and for that facility to run via my website. I don't wish to make money from that service.

Thanks,
Rikko
8th Feb 2010