Hi there
I have access to CS3 on one computer, and CS4 on another.
I'm adapting several big maths textbooks for vision-impaired students in Large Print format, and need to adapt many of the images. I'm not terribly proficient in the Adobe suite... having no formal training & only learning on the job over the past year.

I am working with hundreds of .eps files (supplied by the original publishers) that I open in Illustrator and want to convert them from .eps to .png (or in some cases, .jpg) because some of them need adapting.

In CS3 (the version I most often use) I had no problem setting up an Action to automate this conversion.
However, in CS4 I ran into a problem.
The source files from the publishers are named like this: A1.00.eps, A1.01.eps, A1.02.eps, A2.00.eps, A2.01.eps etc etc.
The numbers refer to the figures in the print copy.
But CS4 doesn't recognise the text after the first dot - presumably it "assumes" that the following text must be part of the file extension (this problem doesn't happen in CS3).
Thus the program only saves the files as A1 and A2 (etc) and doesn't recognise the .02 etc part.
How can I fix this and still create an Action?
One way might be to remove the first dot in each filename before setting up the action (perhaps as a batch rename in Bridge - but don't know how to set up a rename where I only want one dot removed).
I need to be able to do this on both CS3 and CS4, because I'm supposed to be teaching someone else how to do this, and they'll be using the computer with CS4.
Thanks in anticipation!