Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Blend from transparent object to solid object

Is this possible?

I want to build up an image that has several layers each containing one or more blends. The tricky part is that I would like to use a blend from a transparent object to a solid one so that the edges of the blend fade into the object below (which might have more than one colour). I've tried selecting a transparent shape with the blend tool, but it does not select the object. If I give the object a solid outline, then the shape can be selected, but the fills are opaque and the outline can be seen.

I've tried feathering the edges, using a fairly high value, but it is very difficult to get precisely the size and shape needed as I am using very irregular shapes in my actual drawing.

I've attached a Xara file to give the rough idea of what I want to do. I would like to use a transparent object where the irregular shaped pink object in the blend on blend layer 1 is now, and also where the blue object in the blend is on Blend Layer 2. Blend layer 3 shows the effect of blending a transparent object with a solid outline to a solid object. I would like to see the star through the pink and blue parts of the two irregular shapes.

Any ideas for a workaround if it is not possible would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks,

Mermaid
    Attached Files Attached Files