I have just bought Xara and as my fist exercise wish to draw my Wristwatch facia.

I note that the smallest unitwhich Xara works to is a millipoint, which I assume is a 1/1000 of a millimeter. My Exel works it out, based on 27000 millipoints per inch (Xara's spec), as 1063 millipoints in 1 millimeter.

The point is, that this is a very accurate drawing spec.

I have been trying to draw circles with a diameter of 1.52mm. I have tried this by specifying an elipse of equal Height and Width. I wanted to work in mm but found that the Xtreme changed my Width Height entries and so I created a custom unit of 1 tenth of a Milimeter (which I called a centimil ?!) . That improved things but still if i try to create an elipse 15.2 x 15.2 , Xtreme changes is to 15.8 x 15.2. the difference between 15.8 and 15.2 centimil is .6 centimil which is approx 60 millipoints.

They way I am going about this, therefore, seems to make my drawing 60 times more inacurate than the 1 millipoint spec which Xara gives.

If I want to trying drawing small objects to scale like e.g. wrist watch cog wheels, what it the best way to set up units? and what level of accuracy can I expect?