Hi Folks,

Creating a piece that requires text that follows another object, which has a 1/2 circle shape on the top of it, the text will be above it. So in order for the look to be right, I need to fit the text onto a 1/2 circle.

I have read the HELP files and all that but I can't figure it out. I get the half circle by doing the fast and easy "draw a circle, draw a square, line it up half way over the circle, select all, Arrrange/Combine Shapes/Slice (cut) Shapes. Gives me a really nice 1/2 circle, quickly!! Then I do a text object, select all then Arrange/Fit Text to Curve. That works fine but then there's the little problem of getting the 1/2 cirlce out of the equation. I want only to use that as a template and then remove it. Doesn't work. What am I doing wrong or is this way the wrong way??

I have also tried using the Pen Tool and using a small plate to draw a curved Line using the Wacom Tablet. The line is not as perfect as I would like and I tried to use the Freehand tool to reshape it a bit and make a mess of it.

I just about have the whold thing ready to go and I can't finish it untill I have this last piece in place.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a good tut to doing a perfect 1/2 circle with text that I can seperate from the 1/2 circle???

Thanks every so much

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]