Good morning!

I'm new to this forum and I would like to get your input (advice) about Webstyle 4 and HTML editors. I recently purchased Webstyle 4 as my web design software and I really like it. I think it is a great addition to every web designer's toolset. However, I've tried creating multiple pages (using same layout theme) and I can't do it without repeatedly creating a new project for each page. I use both Dreamweaver and Frontpage (and I have tried in simple Notepad) but Webstyle4 wants me to create a new project for each web page. Now...this isn't a problem if your building a basic, small web site for a client, but it is a BIG problem when your designing and building a larger website. Even 50 pages creates 50 _html project sub-directories on the server.

While I understand why XARA built the software in this fashion (to keep track of components, graphics, etc.), I think it will restrict them from selling this product to designers building larger sites. I can't think of any designer that wants to have 50 plus sub-directories (_html project=50 web pages) loaded on their server with duplicate headings, borders, graphics, components, etc.

Does anyone know if XARA is working on (or completed) a process or algorithym to allow designers to replicate (duplicate) web pages without creating a NEW project for EACH page? An example of this would be....In Frontpage, you just open a current page, make your content edits (graphics, text, etc.) and use the SAVE AS command and your done. Duplicative pages, different names.

How do we push a request to XARA to change the current process, produce a patch, a fix, etc.....something!

Xara!!!! Please help! Creating a seperate sub-directory (_html project) for each page, seems like a waste of resource.

Is there anybody that knows of a work-around to this issue? I can't seem to find the answer.

Can you imagine a web server with over 200 sub-directories with the same duplicate theme files in each folder, just because you can't edit or duplicate a page without creating unecessary sub-folders? What a waste!

Help!

Thanks,
hockeysmart

P.S. I like the product, I just think the file handling could have been thought out a bit better. Please don't tell me to use a different product.