Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Selection area is bigger than the object

I’m having a peculiar problem. I’m doing a logo that includes a series of softballs which I created in Xara and which use some live effects. They’re coming out of the remainder of the deisgn. I started with the largest, copied it, reduced it, copied the largest again, reduced it smaller than the second and so on. Then I put them in order overlapping so that the smallest was farthest back. Next, I want to make them progressively more transparent. Up to this point, everything seems to be working well. Then, I select the second smallest, clone it, shift>select the smallest then ctrl/2 to subtract out the overlapping part of the shape, because when they go transparent, the underlying part will show through. After I subtract the shapes, if I select the smallest, the area of the pasteboard selected becomes very large, even though there doesn’t seem to be anything there. I carefully examined the group in the Object Gallery, clicking on each object (I’m beginning to like the new Object Gallery) and found something that was selecting a very large area, deleted it, but the group still selects this large area and there doesn’t seem to be any objects left that would cause the selection to be so large I did this on the balls that I copied and moved away from the rest of the shape to make it easier to see what’s going on.. This is a problem because when I try to select the entire logo, I can’t include the progressively smaller balls because the area I drag around the group isn’t large enough. Also, I’m worried that there’s something there that I can’t see that will cause problems later. Does anyone know what’s happening?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by charliescoffee; 06 August 2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: uploaded the wrong file