Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Hi all--

I've been reqading more than one comment that 3D program users also use XARA...and occasionally frown upon this excellent vector drawing program because it does not have enough 3D features.

I'm personally against a program that tries to be all things to all walks of artistic expressions...look at the shape CorelDRAW and Deneba Canvas are in.

I'd like to share with you an unfinished piece that was done entirely in XARA X. Does it have a lot of 3D properties? I hope so! After you tinker with reflections for a while in a rendering program, you begin to get a feel for where reflections should go. And perspective for primitives can easily be imported and traced in XARA.

I do not think it is an innate talent...that some 3D users will excel more quickly than others...geez, Ron Pfister can model circles around me! But it's how you see and interpret things, and XARA X allows you to change the colors of everything and scale an image to any resolution for output.

I gues I'm just trying to say that there are the right tools and the wrong tools for artistic expression. The 3D learning curve is not painless, but the returns are photorealism if you do it right.

And by the way, there was a question on the board about XARA X exporting to DXF. Um, there's two kinds of DXF....3D lattices, and flat vector profiles. XARA excels at flat exports that you can then extrude, sweep, and so on.

Regards,
    Gary David Bouton

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Using_XARA_X.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	12211  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.