Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Question Exporting Eps File Problem

Hi Everyone - I have not been to Talk Graphics for sometime now, hope you are all well!! I was very sadden to hear of the sad loss of our dear friend Norman, may his dear soul rest in peace! Here's to you Norm!! We will miss you man!!

Ok - I did a search and found numerous threads about exporting files in EPS format - I have a problem, I need the eps files to open in all programmes like Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop.

Some of my eps files open in PSP and some not and I need them to open in both PSP and PS. I did read that if you have transparencies etc that it may not work and I see this is true. So what is the point of drawing in the programme I love the most and I have such a dilemma on my hands?? I would hate to have to learn Adobe Illustrator. it took me years to learn Xara

I have clients on my site, some use PSP and other PS. Is there no way that I can overcome this exporting problem. When I browse my exported eps files in PSP, some do not even show up in the browser window. I read the help files in Xara Xtreme and it said to drop the dpi to 200 and yes then it worked, they did open up in PSP (and showed up in the PSP Browser window) but I was left with jaggies when I opened the eps file. That is just not acceptable.

Has anyone since the other posts about exporting eps files with transparencies managed to overcome this problem?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks to much - I will attach a xara file that will not show up in PSP exported at 300 dpi but will when exported at 200, yes there are transparent shapes in the image. I am at my wits end and I need to be creating vector art for my clients not trying to find out how to overcome these problems <giggle> I am a very busy man <giggle again>.

Kind regards

Barry

PS: THIS IS WHAT XARA HELP HAS TO SAY

Xara Xtreme EPS Overview

You can export Xara Xtreme EPS files using Export on the File menu. Xara Xtreme EPS files are placeable EPS or a printing form of EPS. This form of EPS is intended to be sent directly to a PostScript printer, to be sent to a separating program for typesetting, or to be embedded in another application's files for downloading to a PostScript printer when that file is printed. Note hat this is not a suitable format for transferring drawings between programs.

Exporting bitmaps, bevels, shadows and transparency

If your drawing contains bitmaps, bevels, shadows, or transparency, Xara Xtreme stores bitmap data in the file when exporting as Xara Xtreme EPS (PostScript does not support transparent objects). You can control the resolution of this bitmap data. It defaults to 200 pixels per inch. If you find this is not right, you can override this with a manual setting. Bitmap resolution is always measured in pixels per inch (or dots per inch if you prefer). Xara Xtreme will not let you export bitmap data in an EPS file at more than 600 pixels per inch, whatever method you choose. This is because 600 dots per inch is very high resolution indeed and can produce very large EPS files - any higher resolution is unnecessary. 300 dpi should be considered a practical maximum for exporting bitmap data to EPS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diamond-2.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	62825  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE” -Plato