Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Scanner Techie Question

I have had one of those HP 4670 vertical scanners for a few years and when I went over to Vista I downloaded the drivers from HP and everything worked. Don't know what happened but recently it stopped working and if I used any programme which had an acquire function I would get a message "Twain not found". If you go to the control panel and look there there is no scanner install but under the device manager the scanner is there. Did a Google search and saw that other people had similar problems and most people suggested Vu-Scan which worked well but I am a tight Scotsman and I dislike spending money when it worked previously.

So after a bit more investigation came across suggestion of going into the system under Advance Settings, Environmental Settings, Path, and inserting the path to the Twain drivers. Did that and it now works but I only get B/W any suggestions folks as I don't know what to do and HP tech are hopeless. The images below show what is in the Twain_32 directory. All help, bar using Driver Detective which I have done, will be gratefully received.
    Cheers
    Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanner.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	62668  
    Design is thinking made visual.