I'm wondering about settling on XWD as my main application for use in web design, having largely hand-coded in the past. I've looked at a lot of websites mentioned in this thread, and it is apparent that XWD is a powerful and flexible tool for website design, at least for doing mockups. An awful lot of these, though, seem very slow to load, probably unacceptably slowly for many purposes, and I don't know whether this is something to do with the use of multiple PNG images or is some other quirk to do with how browsers render the HTML with its very large number of styled DIVs. If it's simply a question of the images, that's easily enough resolved for me (either by being more careful about the output, or by processing the result afterwards to replace the PNGs with JPEGs). Are there any examples of sites out there which load very quickly, using JPEGs?

Even if it is not really viable to use the output for published websites (which I'm sure it is), I imagine that XWD is still going to be extremely useful for generating mockups, which can then be cut up for HTML coding. This is what people generally use Photoshop/ImageReady for. Is anyone doing this, having replaced Photoshop with XWD?