Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default I'm going insane with a simple logo. pls help

My boss has asked me to make a promo CD and left me in the deep end and then sodded off on holiday.

I'm trying to make a simple 3D logo.

I already have the main name made up and spinning in Xara3D, because it was simple text that it wrote in Xara3D, but the logo is killing me!

I have Xara Xtreme on the computer but no idea how to use it.
    I've spent days reading up and cant cant anything to work for me. I've searched for videos on youtube, and read loads of threads on TalkGrapics, but nothing is explaining it simply for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rockefellerscir.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	61434

I just want to make the white transparent. I did try utilities > bitmap tracer but it came out like this. I'm not sure i did it right, Even if this is right, I have no idea what to do with it next.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samplel.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	61435

I did try tracing round the outer shape of the "R" with the TRACE SHAPE (F4) tool, but when i complete it and got the "+" symbol, it just turns black. Then I wanted to throw the computer out of the window

Could someone pls explain what I need to do. Really simply because I'm struggling now

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by Nezman; 27 May 2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Removed oversized hotlinked images and attached forum size images to post. - please read the rules.