Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Help please with repel

I am a newbie. I found the Xara software because I wanted to create a brochure with unique graphics and I did a search on Google asking the question what is the best software used by graphic designers and Xara software came up and I must admit I am very impressed with not only the 30 day trial version I am using but also with the various design pieces posted by the members of the forum, I hope to one day be as fluid and schooled as the experienced masters,

Ok, here is my dilemma….

For the cover of my brochure I wanted to create words/text that forms the shape of a person….i saw the following post by (Maddog81--http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37789&highlight=text+shape) and the way Sledger did the A all in words/text that is what I wanted with the colored background except instead of the text the letter A it would be in human shape/form. I traced a picture I liked, scanned it as a jpg and tried to do repel but that did not work. I then followed Egg tutorial and cut out the person shape, tried repel but it still did not work.

I have search online help, Xara help including the forum but to no avail…

I apologize in advance for a wordy post. Please help me the newbie, I have posted the picture and hope someone can help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files