Quote Originally Posted by DGehman View Post
Scotland, Bosch and your new fractals - do you think these will be going into Inkscape builds as well?
They are already because I put them now directly on the source server. I was asked to reorganize and complete the filters set by Inkscape developpers. Thus every new build incorporate them automatically. You will find "Scotland" and Bosch ("Garden of Delights") in the Overlays submenu of the Filters menu and the 3D effects "3D wood", "3D marble" and "Mother of pearls" are in the Materials submenu.

Endlessly interesting.
...even a little bit addictive !

Curiosity questions: is there a way to apply the Figurative Fractals with any choice of kernel images -- assuming the man with the beard and the primroses are not accidentals?
They will remain accidental because they were driven by the filter setting applying to the shapes outlines.

Is there a way to dial down the apparently random excursions beyond the outline of the alphabet (in other words, retain the rounded, beveled look and the colorful fill, but make it a bit more regular in outline)?

How these are done is completely beyond me -- I make nothing of Inkscape's Filter builder interface -- so any enlightenment would be welcome.

Dave
The excursions beyond the outline can be disabled by only one action (however I discovered them also accidentally this week end and you understand that was a fantastic discovering). I will document it while I will document every filter.

kindly,
ivan