I've been trying to get the Corel Painter X trial version to work for several days, to no avail. Corel's support pages and technical assistance seem pretty, um, bad, and anyway they won't let me post questions because I don't have a registration key. Thanks, Corel. You're so helpful.

So! My current operating system is Windows Vista, service pack installed and all. My computer meets the requirements, as far as I can tell.

The actual problem is this: the trial version opens up just fine, everything is loaded, it's all very nice and shiny. But nothing can be interacted with. None of the buttons work, nothing can be pressed, all the options are greyed out. Amusingly, the only options window where anything can be selected is the "Help" one, and to underline that irony it is utterly unhelpful in solving the problem.

Has anyone else run in to this problem, and how the heck do I fix it before my trial days run out? I'm really eager to test out this program, but apparently Corel doesn't want me lobbing wads of cash at them for some reason.

Thanks in advance!