Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: 1966 Mustang G.T. 350 Hertz

Thanks everybody for your kind comments and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Ron I'm going to be picky for you on this one because it's so damn good and I'm an old Mustang owner. The highlight area on the top of each wheel well should extend a little further down the fenders. They had a fairly prominent flare. The highlight that runs between the front fender and rear quarter panel should be a single colour grade. These Mustangs just had a subtle line running down the side. I hope you don't mind me pointing that out. I found this pic to help.
    Thanks Gray,
    I agree with your assessement of the wheel wells. I think extending down the fender looks a little better, so I've done that slightly.

Light is a tricky thing. I've posted some photos off the internet to show what lighting can do to a subtle bend, crease or slope in the shape of an automobile body. Notice in the 3 photo examples the differences in the side panel lighting (or lack thereof) and the wheel fenders as a result of the light angle/direction. Interesting how in the one picture the side panel indentation is not even apparent. The quarter panel shows a slight reflection of the ground, not a color change. In fact, if you look closely, the reflection extends the length of the car, not just the quarter panel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidehertz.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	55219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	55220  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	55221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	55222  

Last edited by Ron Duke; 12 January 2009 at 02:58 PM.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer