When I received Xara Xtreme for Christmas two years ago I remember opening it up for the first time and staring at blank screen before me not knowing what to do next. It was intimidating and kind of scary.

Then I found Talkgraphics. I have to say I have never found a nicer group of people on the web. I experienced from the start that this was a group of people who were very patient ,and understanding. I could ask anything and it was never ridiculed, or ignored. I learned through all of you, and I never had to wait long for someone to come to my aid when I found myself stuck with a problem and not knowing what to do next.

I watched tutorials on Youtube, over, and over again. Things that I look back on and see as simple (such as extracting an item from a photo... thanks egg) only made sense to me when I had someone to walk me through it over and over. Bob Hahn was a huge inspiration to me also with his cartooning. I know that there are even more of you out there that have taken the time to help me and make tutorials that I will probably call on in the future. I've even gotten programing advice from Soquil, which even my DH didn't have the patience help me with.

I guess the long and short of it is I wanted to say THANK YOU, and finally give something to the community, since I feel like I've taken away so much from all of you.

I've made a couple of tutorials for the beginner using Xara Xtreme as a Scrapbooking tool. I have many more planned, and hope to convince people to try it out before jumping to other programs that are needlessly complicated. Who knows they might start using Xara as a Scrapbook tool and then find out they can do full on graphic design. I hope it will help mainstream a tool that I have found to be a necessity in my life.

So here's a link to my blog that has the tutorials on it scrapbookingwithxara.blogspot.com

Sorry for the super long post, but I didn't know how to say thank you any other way.

Jen