I'm using Xara Xtreme Pro v4, which I've just purchased a little while ago.

I'm having a problem with the "Repelling Text" feature. I've read through help file, under the "Making an Object Repel" section and I just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've tried to copy & paste text from a Word doc into the program, both in Rich text Format as well as unformatted text. I then drag an image over the text. I've followed the instructions below and the text does not repel. The image merely moves around the top of the text, leaving the text in place.
I've right-clicked the body of the text and following the below instructions. I've also tried the same with the image, as it was positioned over the text, with the same results.

I am completely new to this software, and i am assuming it's something right in front of me.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
b1rd

Or right click on the object and select the same option in the right-click menu.

If desired, set a repel margin for the object. This determines the size of the margin between the edges of the object and the text that it repels. To close the dialog and turn on the repel text option click on "Repel".

To turn off repelling simply bring up the repelling properties dialog for the object and click on "Don't repel". Note that repelling text objects only repel text that is underneath the objects, not any text that is on top.

Note that single lines of text do not respond to repelling objects, only text areas and text columns do.