The real trick with this is that a feature that one person thinks of as essential, there's also someone (or several someone's ) for whom that feature isn't essential, because it's not what they use the application for.

You make icons, I work a lot with Xara mainly for making graphics and gui components for games. In this case exporting can sometimes be tedious as you mention, when you export an image, try it out in context, and decide to tweak.

I can see how a sort of "Batch Exporter" type thing would come in handy, as you could tweak any sprites/images that you want, and then click "Run Batch Export" or whatever and have all of your assets re-generated.

I can also see though how this may not be interesting to a lot of people who use the software for different things.

I'll throw in my vote, though!

Even an option as simple as "Repeat last Export..." which would use the same export settings as the last export you did (though taking into account a different selected object, and optionally asking you for a different filename) would be very helpful.