I've made a bunch of little illustrations for a report about accoustics my client is publishing. It's some 28 pictures and I've neatly put them into the same document and named them with the naming feature in Xara X. It's fine and dandy to export it all in a raster format of choice, but why isn't there a vector option? It's really too bad there's no .SVG, .PDF or .EPS option for slicing so that clients could resize pictures as they pleased.

It's easy enough to export the whole document. But I got somewhat confused with the .svg export. I couldn't open it or import it back into Xara!
"That file is not recognized by any of the installed filters."
What's up with that?
Might just be that I've got the lighter web version installed at the moment since I didn't have the CD available on a trip when I got the laptop I'm using. Are more filters installed with the CD?

I think it's a bit weird that there's no vector format option for the fill tool either. Why wouldn't it be possible to make a pattern in xara, save it, then import it as a fill and have it automatically repeat and resize like the bitmap does? It's a bit tedious to have the pattern, clone and repeat manually, select the shape and make a clipview, over and over again for each shape that needs it. Alright if it's one, but it takes time when there's any larger amount. Besides, a linked file can be altered and get the effect updated on all the shapes that uses it, instead of updating all of them again manually, which may happen when you have an indecisive client.

If anyone on the Xara team reads this, I just have to give you thanks for a great piece of software. Keep up the good work!