Please Help,

I am new to painter - but I am a well informed user of Photoshop so I am not unfamilliar with Layers and other areas where these two intersect. I use Painter X.1, WINXP with latest service packs, and the Wacom Intuos tablet with the 6D Art Pen.

Upon initial setup I was able to use the 6D art pen with the Real Bristle brushes, caligraphy brushes etc, and it pen responded exactly as described. The brush ghosting would show the pens rotation as well as angle, and I was able to paint or draw using this rotation.

Yesterday when I want to continue working on a previous project the 6D art pen stopped behaving 'correctly'. When I hold the 6D art pen slightly off the tablet and rotated it, the ghosted brush image rotates. As soon as I contact the tablet the brushes ghosted image goes to the default position (vertical in the case of the fan shaped real bristle brushes). This behaviour happens with all types of paper, new documents and existing documents, and upon restart.

FYI - I have loaded many other brush libraries, and the custom workspaces of both Cher Threinen-Pendarvis, and Jeremy Sutton. Naturally I suspect I somehow changed the setting related to rotation, but I don't know why it would translate to all brushes and I don't have the experience yet to locate this setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris