Hey

I'm quite new to this 3D animation world. I have been drawing basically all my life and have used some programs, briefly and fleetingly. Either the complication has made me loose motivation, or the price-tag has made me lose inspiration to continue the free trials of various programs around the globe, some I've not even tried as one look at the interface has made me give out one big sigh.

The one and only program that got me hooked and that I had lots of fun with while following the tutorial built into the program was Autodesk Maya - Yeah, I know, choose the most expensive one why don't you. But seriously, everything was flowing, it was perfect, no confusions, all so simple to follow. But yep, the price is just way beyond my resources, in this lifetime.

I do have a plan with it all, I want to make game graphics. I know I am like a fish out of water and maybe there are much better programs out there, that are easy to get, no confusing interfaces and a million key-combinations to use the features in the program. If there is, I wouldn't know where to start. I've surfed and surfed, then my boyfriend told me to turn to a forum and look for info. Well, i figured the best way would be to just ask, as I am tired of surfing and searching, for now anyhow, I'm sure I'll get a new burst of energy.

So, the basic question:

What program would YOU guys recommend for someone who wants to learn to make computer graphics, that's versitile, that doesn't jumble the nerves in my brain but has many options and goodies, PLUS is affordable or even free? (yeah I really do wish).