I suspect this isn't really a Xara problem, but because of the way that xara creates all of its bitmaps with names like 1.png, 2.png etc. it has some pretty horrible effects...

I have been editing my website extensively, and uploading it via ftp.

www.pearlcottage.co.uk

(Many thanks to Egg Bramhill who did the Flash "House Layout" section, by the way.)

I've just uploaded it this morning (and have left the HTML in tact straight from Xara because I thought my adding of iframes might have been causing the problems). And now when I look at it on this machine at work - I find that spurious bitmaps are appearing in the wrong place, even old bitmaps which no longer even exist in the Xara file.

It seems to be an issue of caching on my client machine, because when I did a shift load on every page, almost every page loads correctly (although there are still a couple of bitmaps missing) - this didn't work when I deleted the temporary internet files though.

I can't go asking my users to do forced reloads every time I update my site though - what is the correct way to deal with this?

And also, what is the correct way to clear things up fully on a PC that has previously loaded an old version of the site. Even with a forced refresh on every page I still have a couple of missing bitmaps.

BTW: I am using IE 6 because I am at work and that's all we have. It is quite possible that it is a browser problem.

Regards

Lee