Hi

I am new to the CGI/database stuff and was wondering if this was a difficult thing to do, and if not, how do I do it. I need to create a password protected area using the last name of the perspective member and their membership number as the password. We would like the ability to just be able to upload the membership database when new members sign on.

They dont want the ability to change the passwords now...but I dont think this is a good idea. For one thing the membership numbers start at number 1 (how secure a password is that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]). And for another, I think people should have the ability to change the password into something that is easy to remember. They want to track the member as far as allowing access etc by their membership number...but I think that the membership number can still be involved in a hidden manner. So I dont know if I should have this functionality to now, or just change the CGI latter if and when they want the ability to change passwords.

Thanks for your time,
Beth