Hi Ross...
Although my effort may be no better, I wanted to design it because I didnt really like the original one with the old man. I agree with you that although it is a superb picture, it kinda suggests a painting program instead of a vector drawing program. In Xara's defence though, I can see why they have chosen it, as it highlights one of Xara X's main new features, the Brush tool.

What prompted me more was when I saw the splashscreen to the new Dreamweaver, which is very simple - a white box with an outline and a simple green abstract shape in the background, and the title lettering. It is really simple, but also really nice and effective. I don't really understand why Xara has put funny blobs (which have not dithered really well) and a hypercolour blue grid on theirs...

My vote would be to put a picture of that amazing microscope, or the lightbulb that appears on the Daily Tips. They could hire Gary, or the guy that has designed the Banner ad for Xara Modules, which is prob. at the top of this very page atm. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] to do it. That banner ad is *very* nice.