but a real problem, and I'm stuck. Perhaps someone has an idea...I can't figure it out myself.

Whatever I do, my memory fills quickly to 99% and then I am, of course, out of memory. I tried every bar separately, and the work well, but the problem is the same with one or more memory bars.

I "fdisk"ed everything, tried format C:/U and installed olmy win 98SE and the fundamental drivers. the same problem. even with simply viewing Jpg's in Irfanview, it adds up.

If I turn of my PC, and turn it back on, I once again have some 70% of Ram at my disposition.
That fills quickly with whatever I do. I lended the Win CD from a friend and installed that. Same problem.

This is frustrating, and I'm stuck. Probably some hadware problem (though no conflics to be seen in Win.) Has anyone an idea?

I have an Asus CUSL2-C mainboard with a pentiumIII 800 processor a daytona Riva TNT2 Nvidia M64 32MB VGA card, and 384 MB 133MHz ram.

Someone said it might be the Bios that's been damaged, someone else said the mainboard, but I just don't know. Fact is it wasn't like this from the start, and everything works fine, except for the memory.

Thanks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]