Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

In response to Bob's request to not let the ZBrush/trueSpace/Waring Blender thread turn into a mass of branches, I'm starting a new thread here. Let's talk animation. There's a lot of programs that do bot modeling and still images out to GIF, Mac MooVs. and AVI. trueSpace has animations features, as does the late, great Extreme 3D. To answer the questions Bob posed in a little more detail, Bob...I really did render the little guy by hand. I used Painter's onion skin feature, painted the frames (I admit I copped the sun background from Four Seasons (now part of KPT 6), and then just used a cheap animation compiler (it's by PIXAR and I think it's about 350K) to make the pictures move.

Truth be known, I was a grad in 1975, and spent the summer of 1975 working with other animation students to create a large cartoon (5 minutes...wow!). So I learned a lot about tweening, and how an Oxbury stand and multi-planing work. A lot of the effects you get with 3D programs have their equivalent in stuff that's half a centurty old!

The attahed is an animation done in PIXAR Typestry.

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stop.gif 
Views:	310 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	4054  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.