It was suggested in a posting to another topic that some of you may want to upgrade the free version of Painter 5.5 provided with the September issue of the UK mag. PC Format.

First, if you want to try and get this software you can call PC Format (01225 442244 in the UK) and ask them if they have any of issue 112 left. It cost me about 5 UK pounds but I don't know if they will mail it to other countries.

If you already have the PC Format version of Painter 5.5, according to page 170 of issue 112 you can upgrade to Painter 6 (presumably 6.1) for 111.61 UK pounds. I had a look at the web site (www.upgrades.co.uk) cited as the source of the upgrade but their search appears not to be working so I couldn't check if Painter 6 was available. Anyone wanting to take this further can email the upgrade site on support@transaction-one.com or phone them on 0208 358 5855. If they aren't providing the upgrade claimed by PC Format it is worth contacting the magazine pcfmail@futurenet.co.uk to complain. They claim to have an exclusive deal with Corel and usually respond to pressure.

Good luck!

Tom