I saw a thread some time ago (not necessarily on THIS forum) containing a link to an article someone had written discussing the different 3D apps, the number or percentage of jobs relating to those apps, etc. I remember Maya was used more in film, Max was used more in games, etc, and I was wondering if this was still the case??? I know Maya has been gaining a lot of popularity among the game developers, and Max has been used increasingly for some film work. Has anyone else seen an article similar to the one I described, that I failed to bookmark???

Is there some way of finding more information concerning the software preferences of major animation and game companies, the different types of positions for people they employ, the responsibilities of the different jobs, etc??? How about the number of legal copies of these softwares in circulation, as a general reference?

I have a pretty decent understanding of 3D in general, but I'm doing a research paper for a Technical Writing class in college and I need to find articles or official documentation of some of this information, something that can be referenced in the body of the report, as well as the reference page in the back.

ANY information or leads will be GREATLY appreciated, as I am running out of time. Searching out this type of info has been much more difficult than I anticipated!

Dan Huff
http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/